Resolutions Telehealth Services
Resolutions now offers Telehealth to our patients near and far. It’s now possible for you to get the care that you need from the comfort of your home. With the right technology, you can connect with your doctor online and receive the care that you need without needing to drive to our offices.
What is Telehealth all About?
Telehealth is a type of healthcare that allows you to receive care from your doctor without going to an in-person visit. It’s done through the use of a simple internet connection.
There are several options for Telehealth care:
- You can speak with your doctor over the phone or video chat.
- They can then send and receive messages using secure messaging and email.
- You can also use remote monitoring to keep your doctor informed about your health. For instance, you can monitor your vitals and other vitals using a device.
What Types of Care Can I Get Using Telehealth?
Aside from providing specialized care, Telehealth can also help you monitor and improve your health conditions. It can do so by helping you keep track of your medication changes and chronic health issues.
Before you start using Telehealth, it’s important that you talk to your doctor about the pros and cons of it. He or she will then decide if it’s right for you.
Care you can get with Telehealth:
- Mental health treatment, including online therapy, counseling, and medication management
- Follow-up appointments are also sometimes necessary for treatment of ADHD and other mental disorders.
- Physical therapy and occupational therapy
- Urgent care issues like colds, coughs, and stomach aches
- Recurring conditions like migraines or urinary tract infections
- Lab test or x-ray results
- Skin conditions
- Post-surgical follow-up
- Prescription management
Your doctor may also ask you to send information that will help improve your health:
- Medical records that may be filed with another doctor, such as X-rays
- Your weight, blood pressure, blood sugar, or vital information
- Images of a wound, or eye, or skin condition
- A diary or document of your symptoms
Doctors can send you information to manage your health at home:
- Detailed instructions on how to continue your care at home
- Notifications or reminders to do rehabilitation exercises or take medication
- Encouragement to stick with your treatment plan
- New suggestions for improving diet, mobility, or stress management
Advantages of Telehealth
The popularity of virtual visits has increased. Although in-person visits may be necessary for certain conditions, Telehealth can provide you with the care that you need.
- Increased access to specialists who are located far away from your hometown
- Limited physical contact reduces everyone’s exposure to COVID-19
- Virtual visits cut down on travel, time off from work, and the need for child care
- Virtual health care tools can shorten the wait for an appointment
- Virtual visits ensure you get health care wherever you are located – at home, at work or even in your car
Talk to us to find out if and how Telehealth can work for you.